Bev Murrill – The Leadership Landscape
In episode 9 of TheoDisc, Kenny chats with Bev about emerging from, and feeling the effects of, the pandemic on church life and practice. They ask what lessons have been learned from that time, and what might church leadership and community look like going forward? Enjoy!
Bev Murrill teaches Transformational Leadership at WTC. She has been the senior leader of a UK network of churches (Christian Growth International) for almost two decades and speaks internationally at conferences and churches on the need for Christians to operate as catalysts for the Kingdom of God in their spheres of influence. Her Masters in Global Leadership from Fuller Theological Seminary, combined with over 30 years’ experience, enables her to speak into issues of leadership as a consultant and mentor in church and charity sectors. A pioneer and innovator, Bev is the visionary founder for Liberti magazine UK, Cherish Uganda, Kyria Network for women leaders, and other projects in UK and Australia. Bev is a widow, after having been married 46 years to Rick with whom she co-led CGI. She has 4 children and 12 grandchildren living in UK and Australia.
Episode 9 Outline:
- Start-00:59 – Introduction
- 01:07-04:55 – Welcome to Bev and 3 questions.
- 05:02-15:23 – Tell us about your own leadership journey and about what you felt God saying to you at the beginning of and during the pandemic. What are some of the lessons you’ve learned during this time?
- 15:30-29:54 – Can you tell us more about social cohesion erosion as a result of the pandemic in church communities? Has this led to the death of the ‘church machine’ and a sense of disillusionment? How can we encourage church leaders who are struggling now?
- 30:02-33:47 – What does the future of church and church leadership look like for you?
- 33:55-End – Close and further information
NEXT EPISODE – Danny Hampson on Theology and Ministry
Find us wherever you find good podcasts!
TheoDisc is a podcast by WTC faculty and friends where we present theological ideas in an accessible way that will hopefully stimulate you to pursue your own theological learning and ultimately to deepen your faith. It is a place of discussion and debate, and a place to hear a variety of voices. We do hope you enjoy listening!
Come and Study With Us
We offer programmes in ‘Kingdom Theology’ because at the heart of our study is the belief that Jesus came proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God. Through his life, death, and resurrection, he has brought the reality of the Kingdom to this world.
Find out more about WTC Programmes HERE.