Freddy Hedley, PhD
Dean of Studies, Old Testament
Freddy is Dean of Studies and teaches Biblical Studies, with a specific focus on the Old Testament and Biblical Hebrew. He holds a BA in History and English Literature, a PGCE in History, an MA in Kingdom Theology, and has recently completed his PhD in Hebrew Bible at Kings College London. Prior to working full-time with WTC he was the Director of Fountain School of Theology in Norfolk, UK. His research interests include: Hebrew poetry, especially lament poetry; exilic biblical literature; and the theological traditions of creation and covenant. He is the author of The God of Page One (2012) and The Colossian Image (2016). Freddy lives in Churchdown with his wife Ali and their two daughters.
- Freddy Hedley, The Book of Lamentations: The Cries of a Desolate City (Bible for Life Commentary, 2019): https://bibleforlife.co.uk/books/lamentations/
- Manfred P. Hedley, The Colossian Image: Paul’s Vision for Renewed Humanity and Life in Christ in Colossians (Alderway, 2016)
- Manfred Hedley, ‘Towards a Synthesis of East and West: Human Nature, Sin and Salvation in Augustine and Gregory of Nyssa’, Clarion Journal of Spirituality and Justice (2014)
- Manfred Hedley, ‘Hope Makes a Difference: Reading for Dominant Themes, Argument, and Theology in Lamentations’, Clarion Journal of Spirituality and Justice (2014)
- Freddy Hedley, The God of Page One: Rediscovering God’s Identity and Ours (Emblem, 2012)
- Freddy Hedley, Walking in Freedom: A Journey Through Galatians (Rehoboth Media, 2012)
- Freddy Hedley, Lessons from Antioch (Emblem, 2007, 2010)
- Bob Hopkins and Freddy Hedley, Coaching for Missional Leadership (Fresh Expressions & ACPI, 2008)
- Steven Croft, Bob Hopkins and Freddy Hedley, Listening for Mission (Church House Publishing, 2006)
- ‘Covenant in Conflict: The Case of Lamentations 3’ (OTSEM Annual Meeting, London, 2019)
- ‘The Dialogue of Sorrow, Blame, and Protest in Lamentations 1’ (OTSEM Annual Meeting, Oslo, 2018)
- ‘From Jacob’s Pillar to Solomon’s Temple: Boundary Markers to God’s Presence in Genesis 28 and Deuteronomy 16’ (Borders and Boundaries in Ancient Israel, Nottingham, 2018)
- ‘Undoing Justice: Comparing Micah’s Complaint with the Covenant Code in Exodus 21-23’ (SBL International, Berlin, 2017)
- ‘Women in Judges: Subversion of Patriarchy or Vision of Heterarchy?’ (WTC Conference, Bristol, 2016)
TRANSFORMING PEOPLE THROUGH LIFE-GIVING THEOLOGY
IN THE PRESENCE AND POWER OF THE SPIRIT
Explore our programmes and courses to find one that best suits you!
For those with no prior Higher Education experience.
For those with no prior Higher Education experience. The full 6-year BA (Hons) degree programme.
If you have prior Higher Education experience, but are without a theology degree. 3 specialist tracks are offered.
For those with a degree or GradDip in theology.
Completely online. For those who wish to explore the foundations of the Christian faith.
Available at the Bristol Hub only. For those who wish to grow in practical leadership skills.