Nick Crawley – Bible for Life
In this episode, Kenny chats with Rev Nick Crawley about engaging with the Bible in meaningful ways and how this grounds our discipleship. Enjoy!
Nick Crawley is an ordained Anglican clergyman with experience of leading churches over nearly four decades in Twickenham, Harare (Zimbabwe), Sheffield and Bristol. He is deeply committed to the ministries of the Word and the Spirit and runs a discipling ministry based on the ‘Bible for Life’ website. His wife Lucy is a Systematic Theologian and author and is currently Principal of WTC. Nick enjoys golf, photography and walking their dog, Max.
Episode 20 Outline:
- Start-01:31 – Introduction.
- 01:31-04:10 – Welcome to Nick and 3 questions.
- 04:19-13:03 – How did Bible for Life get started? What has your own journey with the Bible been like? How can Christians engage more with the habit of studying the scriptures?
- 13:11-26:50 – Discussion of the book of 1 Thessalonians based on the ‘whole book’ idea. What are some of the ways you recommend others to dig into the Bible in this way? What are some of the tools on the Bible for Life website?
- 27:01-30:10 – What effect has Dallas Willard had on you personally and also on the approach of Bible for Life?
- 30:18-End – Close and further information.
NEXT EPISODE – Scot McKnight on translatin The Second Testament
Find us wherever you find good podcasts!
TheoDisc is a podcast by WTC faculty and friends where we present theological ideas in an accessible way that will hopefully stimulate you to pursue your own theological learning and ultimately to deepen your faith. It is a place of discussion and debate, and a place to hear a variety of voices. We do hope you enjoy listening!
Come and Study With Us
We offer programmes in ‘Kingdom Theology’ because at the heart of our study is the belief that Jesus came proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God. Through his life, death, and resurrection, he has brought the reality of the Kingdom to this world.
Find out more about WTC Programmes HERE.