Lucy Peppiatt – The Imago Dei (Part 2)
Since 2013, Lucy has been the principal of WTC where she lectures primarily in systematic theology and in spiritual formation. She is the author of 5 books, the latest of which is called The Imago Dei, and during this and the previous episode, Kenny has been talking to Lucy about the book and why the doctrine of the image of God is so foundational to the Christian faith.
In this conversation, which follows on from episode 1, Kenny and Lucy talk through different models of thought concerning the doctrine of the Imago Dei, and how our understanding of the doctrine can have transformative potential in the way we live practically. We do hope you enjoy listening to our second episode of the TheoDisc Podcast!
Listen to Episode 1 HERE.
You can buy The Imago Dei HERE.
Find out more about Lucy Peppiatt HERE.
Episode 2 Outline:
- Start-01:20 – Introduction
- 01:24-02:31 – Brief recap / introduce direction for this episode on the Imago Dei.
- 02:31-07:49 – Description of Substantialist / Noetic perspectives.
- 07:49-12:32 – Looking at ‘image’ and ‘likeness’ and the movement towards God.
- 12:32-21:30 – Description of Functional / Vocational / Missional perspectives.
- 21:30-26:33 – Definitions and Outline of Relational Models as influenced by the Renaissance and Reformation.
- 26:33-30:15 – Modern perspectives on the Imago Dei, which includes issues like embodiment, diversity – race / gender / disability, and also sexuality and desire.
- 30:15-34:38 – How do we then take the ideas from your book, The Imago Dei, and apply them to our lives and the people around us?
- 34:38-End – Closing information
NEXT EPISODE – Dr. Freddy Hedley on Lamentations
Find us wherever you find good podcasts!
TheoDisc is a podcast by WTC faculty and friends where we present theological ideas in an accessible way that will hopefully stimulate you to pursue your own theological learning and ultimately to deepen your faith. It is a place of discussion and debate, and a place to hear a variety of voices. We do hope you enjoy listening!
Come and Study With Us
We offer programmes in ‘Kingdom Theology’ because at the heart of our study is the belief that Jesus came proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God. Through his life, death, and resurrection, he has brought the reality of the Kingdom to this world.
Find out more about WTC Programmes HERE.