Lucy Peppiatt, PhD
Principal, Systematic Theology
Lucy has been Principal at WTC since 2013. She teaches courses in Christian doctrine and in spiritual formation. She holds bachelor’s degrees in both English and Theology. She completed her MA in Systematic Theology at King’s College, London, and her PhD through the University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand. Lucy’s research interests are Christ and the Spirit, Charismatic theology, theological anthropology, discipleship, 1 Corinthians, and women in the Bible. Lucy is part of Crossnet Anglican Church in Bristol, which is led by her husband, Nick Crawley. They have four sons and four daughters-in-law.
PhD – Systematic Theology, Otago University, New Zealand 2011
MA – Systematic Theology, King’s College, London 2005
BD – University of London External Programme 2003
Lay Reader Training – Diocese of London, 1990-1993
BA (Hons) – English Literature & Language, University of Birmingham, 1987
- Rediscovering Scripture’s Vision for Women: Fresh Perspectives on Disputed Texts. IVP Academic, 2019.
- Unveiling Paul’s Women: Making Sense of 1 Corinthians 11:2-16. Eugene, Or.: Wipf and Stock, 2018.
- Women and Worship at Corinth: Paul’s Rhetorical Arguments in 1 Corinthians. Eugene, Or.: Wipf and Stock. 2015.
- The Disciple: On Becoming Truly Human. Eugene, Or: Wipf and Stock, 2012.
- “Gunton on community,” in T&T Clark Handbook of Colin Gunton. Eds. Andrew Pickard, Myk Habets and Murray Rae. London: T&T Clark, 2021, 205-219.
- “The Spirit of the Lord: Reflections on a Christomorphic Pneumatology,” in The Third Person of the Trinity. Eds. Oliver D. Crisp and Fred Sanders. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2020, 138-160.
- “Man as the Image and Glory of God and Woman as the Glory of Man: Perspicuity or Ambiguity?” Priscilla Papers 33.3 (2019): 12-18.
- “Life in the Spirit: Christ’s and Ours,” in The Christian Doctrine of Humanity. Eds. Oliver D. Crisp and Fred Sanders. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2018, 165-181.
- “That We May Know Him…,” in Essays on the Trinity. Ed. Lincoln Harvey. Eugene, Or: Cascade, 2018, 63-84.
- “Women and Worship in Paul’s Churches: Apostles, Prophets, and Teachers.” The Bible and Interpretation, September, 2017.
- “New directions in Spirit Christology: A Foundation for a Charismatic Theology.” Theology 117, no. 1 (2014): 3-10.
- An Unlikely Student
- A little reflection on (self) deception
- On God’s Mother (Updated re-post)
- Charismatic Christians, Crisis, and Coronavirus – Part I, Part II, Part III
- Coming Out of Complementarianism: One woman’s long journey to freedom
- A Hunger for Learning: Changing our Eating Habits
- On Love, Life, Death, and Leaving Something Written
- On Why I Wrote ‘Rediscovering Scripture’s Vision for Women’
- Spiritual Formation: A Christ Centred Worldview with Lucy Peppiatt
- Why Study Theology? Reflections for the evangelical charismatic church
- From a Female Principal & Pastor-Theologian…
- Ripples Across the Water’s Surface: Kristin Kobes Du Mez rediscovers Katharine Bushnell
- The Power to Become a Child
- On God’s Mother
- Charismania & Discipleship: Or Why I’m Still a Charismatic…
- Talking Heads – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4
- The Two Wills of Christ – Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- Schizophrenic Jesus?
- The God Who ‘Sees’